Mountain Sun Skin Therapy Products
Every skin and body care product created for Mountain Sun Skin Therapy is developed under a set of strict guidelines, a “creed” if you will, that ensures the results you demand - and the clear, resilient and beautiful healthy-looking skin you deserve.
Our Formulation Creed
- We use effective levels of performance-proven ingredients, not the “ingredient of the day.” We stabilize the fragile ingredients (like vitamins A and C or antioxidant-rich plant extracts) to make sure they retain potency from the product to the skin. And we use special delivery vehicles that enhance penetration – so you experience dramatic results.
- Whenever possible, we choose plant or mineral-derived ingredients, not those from animals or petroleum. We choose multi-functional antioxidants, standardized botanicals, phytonutrients and other performance ingredients that have been proven bio-effective in scientific studies - then we use them at the same concentration used in the studies. And, to make sure your clients see results, we protect the integrity of these ingredients in the finished product
- We prefer a gentle, drug-free approach to achieve great looking skin. With the exception of our sunscreens, our products are drug-free. Our product development team uses highly effective, non-drug solutions for problems like acne-prone skin, sensitive skin, irritation, dryness, chronic redness, aging and skin discolorations. You can assure your clients they’ll see results without the discomfort or side-effects that can be caused by many OTC drugs.
- We never use harsh ingredients like sodium laurel or laureth sulfates, mineral oil, bovine-sourced ingredients or propylene glycol. We avoid petrolatum, lanolin, solvent alcohols, synthetic color, synthetic fragrance and comedogenic ingredients. We use only gentle preservatives. We do not use formaldehyde-releasing preservatives; you’ll never find imidazolidinyl urea, diazolidinyl urea, quaternium-15, DMDM hydantoin or 2-bromo-2- nitropropane-1,3-diol in any YG product. While other companies commonly use these ingredients, they are known to cause skin sensitivity. We limit the use of emulsifiers (like stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and glyceryl stearate) because we’ve found they make dry and sensitive skin more irritable. And, because science has now proven chronic inflammation is the bottom-line of aging, we add soothing ingredients even when irritation isn’t a problem. All mountain Sun Skin Therapy products are Phthalate-free and Paraben-free.
- We do extensive product testing but not on animals.
Stability Testing: YG products are subjected to some of the most thorough testing of any skin care available. Broad-spectrum microbiology, heat, cold and light stability, and container compatibility are tested before any product is released to market. Other tests and ingredient assays are also performed, as required to ensure maximum product stability and efficacy.
Dermatologist-Testing: Products developed for sensitive skin undergo one month of Repeat Insult Patch Testing (RIPT) on 50 subjects, which is reviewed and approved by board- certified dermatologists prior to the product’s release to market.
Ophthalmologist-Approval: Products used around the eyes are subjected to pre-market approval by qualified ophthalmologists.
Ingredient Efficacy Testing: We require our ingredient suppliers to provide proof of efficacy before we review an ingredient for use in our products.
Professional & Consumer Approval: New products are submitted to skin care professionals and their clients throughout the world for performance testing and review. Only those products demonstrating definitive results are approved and marketed as YG Ready-to-Wear Skin Care.